PaxPower™ FP 1000 X-Ray Tube – The PaxPower tube platform was designed for space efficiency and high performance. The PaxPower 1000 series, featuring a lightweight compact design and twice the power of conventional dual ended tubes was built for portable surgical CT and interventional systems.
Oncology Treatment Solutions
Varian will also showcase oncology solutions at RSNA, including:
- Software: the latest releases of the ARIA® oncology information and Eclipse™ treatment planning systems, now accessible from a single clinical management system dashboard. "Varian has become the #1 global oncology software leader by developing world-class solutions that incorporate extensive personalization to the user, easy-to-follow task-driven workflows, and automation in support of a treatment center's protocols," says Chris Toth, vice president of marketing for Varian's Oncology Systems business.
- External beam radiotherapy systems: Varian's broad line of devices for precise, fast delivery of image-guided radiotherapy and radiosurgery, including the newly introduced EDGE™ Radiosurgery Suite*, a dedicated radiosurgery system with full integration of real-time target tracking and patient positioning.
- Brachytherapy technology: Varian's latest brachytherapy afterloaders and applicators, as well as software for planning and delivering brachytherapy treatments, including a new real-time planning tool for ultrasound-guided high-dose-rate brachytherapy treatment planning*.
- Proton Therapy: The ProBeam™ solution, which incorporates imaging, gating, robotic patient positioning, treatment planning and oncology information software.
- The Varian/Siemens Partnership: Stop by the Varian booth for information about the strategic global partnership between Varian and Siemens, who are working together to offer a full spectrum of products for imaging and treatment in radiation oncology.
*These statements refer to technologies that are pending FDA 510(k) clearance and not yet available for sale.About Varian Medical Systems Varian Medical Systems, Inc., of Palo Alto, California, is the world's leading manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions with radiotherapy, radiosurgery, and brachytherapy. The company supplies informatics software for managing comprehensive cancer clinics, radiotherapy centers and medical oncology practices. Varian is a premier supplier of tubes, digital detectors, and image processing workstations for X-ray imaging in medical, scientific, and industrial applications and also supplies high-energy X-ray devices for cargo screening and non-destructive testing applications. Varian Medical Systems employs approximately 6,100 people who are located at manufacturing sites in North America, Europe, and China and approximately 70 sales and support offices around the world. For more information, visit http://www.varian.com or follow us on Twitter. FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: Elaine Rebele, Varian Medical Systems801-978-5715 or firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Varian Medical Systems