Plantronics (NYSE: PLT) today announced its participation in this year’s Small Business Saturday on November 24, 2012. Small Business Saturday is a day dedicated to strengthening the community by supporting local, independently owned small businesses.
American Express, founding partner of Small Business Saturday, is preparing for the third annual initiative. In 2011, millions of consumers shopped at small businesses on Small Business Saturday. According to the Small Businesses Association, small businesses nationwide have accounted for 65 percent of net new jobs created over the past 17 years and represent 99.7 percent of all employer firms.
“Small Business Saturday has resonated with the American public in a very short period of time. We are proud to be a supporter of the small businesses that play such a major role in fueling the U.S. economy. Communications is the lifeblood of a small business and this is where Plantronics can help by providing flexible communication tools and services,” said Judi Hembrough, director of SMB marketing at Plantronics.
Getting Involved in Small Business SaturdayAmerican Express has created a variety of ways to help raise awareness about the importance of supporting small businesses and motivate consumers to Shop Small®. Small business owners and their supporters can visit ShopSmall.com to take advantage of some of these tools, including:
- Free online advertising for qualifying small business owners
- Social media tools to help local businesses spread the word about Small Business Saturday
- Personalized point-of-purchase materials for small business owners to show their involvement in the program
- Searchable map where consumers can search for American Express Card accepting small businesses near them
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV