FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) is once again honoring the dedication of America’s servicemen and women by delivering real Christmas trees to military members and their families through the annual Trees for Troops ® program.
Now in its eighth year, Trees for Troops brings together FedEx, the Christmas SPIRIT Foundation and tree farmers across America to transport thousands of real Christmas trees to service members stationed overseas, as well as on military bases in the U.S.
“FedEx is once again pleased to honor our military men and women and their families by delivering a symbol of holiday cheer,” said William J. Logue, president and CEO, FedEx Freight.
Trees for Troops: Shipping Fresh Christmas Trees Across the GlobeLaunching today and continuing into December, FedEx will deliver more than 300 fresh-cut Christmas trees to active duty service members overseas and more than 18,000 trees to members of the armed forces and their families stationed at military bases across the United States. As part of the program, National Christmas Tree Association (NCTA) members around the country donate thousands of fresh trees to Trees for Troops through the Christmas SPIRIT Foundation, the NCTA's philanthropic branch. FedEx Express air operations will assist with international tree deliveries while the FedEx Freight trucking network delivers the donated trees to more than 60 military bases throughout the U.S. The Trees for Troops initiative will mobilize today in Thorntown, Indiana, as FedEx Express picks up approximately 300 trees from members of the Indiana Christmas Tree Association. These trees will be delivered to service members stationed in Kuwait via the FedEx Express hub in Indianapolis. Once the international deliveries have taken flight, FedEx Freight will hit the road with more than 18,000 fresh-cut Christmas trees to visit, in the space of two weeks, more than 60 military bases throughout the country.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV