Keynote® (Nasdaq:KEYN), the global leader in Internet and mobile cloud testing & monitoring, today announced its 2012 Holiday Retail Mobile Performance Forecast and the outlook appears challenging for retailers.
The 2012 holiday shopping season is anticipated to be the year for mobile, as large numbers of holiday shoppers use their smartphones for research and purchasing. Adobe recently predicted that sales from mobile devices will rise 110% to account for 21% of all online sales. Two-thirds of those mobile sales will come through tablets, and the other third through smartphones. “ Showrooming” is the trend du jour in retail – using your smartphone to compare prices and products before purchase - making mobile a big part of the brick and mortar experience.
But retailers may not be ready. Keynote predicts that slow site performance will leave many retailers – and mobile shoppers - crying in their eggnog.
The expectations for mobile commerce this holiday season is high:
- Online retail sales are forecasted to be $68.4 billion, 15% over last year. (Forrester)
- 20% of online sales predicted to come from mobile devices. (IMRG/Cap Gemini)
- Four in five mobile device owners will use their devices in some way to assist with shopping — including show rooming, couponing, reviews and research. (Google/Ipsos)
- 64% of smartphone users want an under four second page download
- 60% of tablet users want an under three second page download
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV