Progress Software Corporation (NASDAQ: PRGS), a global software company that simplifies and enables the development and deployment of business applications, today announced the release of DataDirect Connect® for JDBC 5.1 and DataDirect Connect® XE for JDBC 5.1. Both offerings enable fast, secure, and highly scalable connectivity for a broad spectrum of data sources, which now include cloud databases such as Microsoft SQL Azure™, IBM DB2 10.1, IBM DB2 pureScale 9.8, and Microsoft SQL Server 2012. This type of connectivity exemplifies Progress Software’s goal to help companies better access their data whether on premise, or in the cloud.
In today’s fast-paced world, organizations are looking for better ways to enhance customer experiences and analyze available data for more focused revenue opportunities. Crucial to that success is highly efficient and performant data connectivity across a wide variety of data sources, both on-premise and in the cloud. The improved DataDirect® JDBC drivers handle communications and memory usage in a novel way – resulting in significant increases in both performance and efficiency. Memory and CPU usage is reduced overall while throughput levels are raised, which translates into reduced operating costs.
In addition to these advances in high-performance SQL access using JDBC, the new releases of the DataDirect Connect drivers include the following features:
- Cloud database connectivity, with high-performance support for the Microsoft SQL Azure database, enabling efficient SQL access to Microsoft’s relational database service in the cloud.
Expanded database coverage, with advanced support and certification:
- IBM DB2 10.1 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows, including SQL enhancements and support for Time Travel Queries
- IBM DB2 pureScale 9.8
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012, including SQL enhancements and protocol upgrade.
- Expanded native database security for Oracle Advanced Security (OAS), including support for ten additional encryption algorithms.
Progress Software is the software industry’s leading comprehensive provider of software for connecting the world’s most critical business applications to data and services, running on any platform, using proven and emerging standards. Developers worldwide depend on DataDirect products to connect their applications to an unparalleled range of data sources using standards-based interfaces such as ODBC, JDBC and ADO.NET, XQuery and SOAP. More than 300 leading independent software vendors and thousands of enterprises rely on Progress Software to simplify and streamline data connectivity for distributed systems and to reduce the complexity of mainframe integration.Quotes: “Building high performing applications is an art form, and many developers and business managers don’t realize the significant impact the JDBC driver has on the performance of the application. This release provides performance gains in raw speed and throughput coupled with continued reduction of memory and CPU usage per unit of work,” said Michael Benedict, vice president and business line manager, Progress DataDirect. “It also further widens the performance advantage that our drivers provide over others on the market. Enterprise’s using Progress DataDirect connectivity solutions see greater performance, scalability, and reliability—all with increased enterprise security.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV