NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- My career on Wall Street began as a U.S. Government Bond trader in 1972 when my father passed the baton to me after he traded Treasury bonds since 1938. He experienced a low interest rate environment for most of his career, but not the sustained trend to the record low yields we have seen so far this century.
On May 15, I wrote
On July 18, I wrote
When the Federal Reserve announced QE3 on Sept. 13, it said that the purpose of this monetary stimulus program was to bring down long term U.S. Treasury yields and the rate on the 30-year fixed rate mortgage.Even so there was a parade of Wall Street strategists and money managers continuing the mantra to avoid U.S .Treasuries. They continue to be wrong.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV