Sales for U.S. Beverages were $189 million for the first quarter, a decrease of 5 percent compared to the year-ago period. A breakdown of the change in sales follows:
- Volume and mix subtracted 4 percent
- Increased promotional spending subtracted 1 percent
The decrease in sales was due to declines in “V8” vegetable juice and “V8 V-Fusion” beverages, partially offset by an increase in “V8 Splash” beverages.
Operating earnings for the quarter were $30 million, comparable to the prior year. The impact of lower volume was offset by lower advertising and consumer promotion expenses.Bolthouse and Foodservice The balance of the portfolio includes the Bolthouse Farms business, which was acquired on Aug. 6, 2012, and the North America Foodservice business. Sales were $323 million for the first quarter, with the acquisition of Bolthouse Farms contributing $171 million. Organic sales in North America Foodservice declined 6 percent compared with a year ago. A breakdown of the change in organic sales follows:
- Volume and mix subtracted 3 percent
- Increased promotional spending subtracted 3 percent
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV