dELiA*s, Inc. (NASDAQ: DLIA), a multi-channel retail company comprised of two lifestyle brands primarily targeting teenage girls and young women, today announced the results for its third quarter of fiscal 2012.
Third Quarter Fiscal 2012 Highlights:
- Total revenue decreased 4.0% to $55.7 million from $58.1 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2011. Revenue from the retail segment decreased 2.8% to $35.2 million, due to a reduction in store count, partially offset by a comparable store sales increase of 2.4%. Revenue from the direct segment decreased 6.1% to $20.6 million on a catalog circulation decrease of 14.4%.
- Consolidated gross margin increased to 33.9% compared to 32.3% in the prior year quarter.
- Net loss was $2.0 million, or $0.06 per diluted share. Net loss for the third quarter of fiscal 2011 was $4.4 million, or $0.14 per diluted share.
Walter Killough, Chief Executive Officer, commented, “We achieved our third consecutive quarter of positive comparable store sales and merchandise margin improvement for the retail segment. While we were pleased with the results of our back-to-school season, our sales trends slowed in late September and October. Hurricane Sandy also had a significant effect on both segments of our business during the first week of the new quarter, although we expect its impact on our overall fourth quarter results to be minimal. Subsequent to the storm, sales trends improved, and we have been pleased with the strong response to our Holiday assortment in both our dELiA*s retail and direct businesses. We believe that we are well-positioned with compelling merchandise, timely inventory flow and a strong marketing program in place, and remain on track to deliver improved sales and margins as we continue to execute on our strategic initiatives.”
Results by SegmentRetail Segment Results Total revenue for the retail segment for the third quarter of fiscal 2012 decreased 2.8% to $35.2 million from $36.2 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2011 due to a reduction in store count. Retail comparable store sales increased 2.4% for the third quarter of fiscal 2012 compared to a decrease of 1.7% for the third quarter of fiscal 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV