NEW YORK -- Deere (DE) reports earnings Wednesday and Wall Street is looking for a profit of $1.88 a share from the agricultural equipment maker in its fiscal fourth quarter on revenue of $8.85 billion.
Shares of Deere have risen roughly 11% so far in 2012.
Salesforce.com (CRM), the cloud computing company, on Tuesday delivered a 35% year-over-year revenue increase in its latest quarter.The company reported non-GAAP earnings of $49.6 million, or 33 cents a share, for the third quarter on revenue of $788 million. Analysts expected profit of 32 cents a share on revenue of $776.5 million. Salesforce.com forecast non-GAAP earnings of 38 cents to 40 cents a share in its fiscal fourth quarter on revenue ranging from $825 million to $830 million. Wall Street's current consensus view is for a profit of 40 cents a share on revenue of $829.9 million. Salesforce.com Shares Buoyed by 35% Jump in Revenue
News Corp (NWSA)has expressed interest to CBS (CBS)about acquiring its Simon & Schuster book business, according to people familiar with the talks, The Wall Street Journal reported. News Corp owns HarperCollins Publishers and the Journal. The people described the discussions as preliminary and cautioned that a deal isn't imminent, the newspaper said.
Zale, the jewelry retailer, reported a wider-than-expected fiscal first-quarter loss on Tuesday. Zale posted a loss of $28.3 million, or 88 cents per share, on revenue of $357.5 million. Analysts were expecting a loss of 68 cents a share on revenue of $365.6 million. Zale said it expects to be profitable for fiscal 2013. 5 Short-Squeeze Plays Primed for Quick Profits
Scholastic (SCHL), the publishing company, lowered its fiscal-year outlook after Tuesday's closing bell. Market Preview: Let's Make a Deal
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV