THE HAGUE, The Netherlands, November 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Aegon announces that Chief Financial Officer Jan Nooitgedagt (59, Dutch) has decided to retire at the end of his current term, in line with Aegon's retirement arrangements for Executive Board members. The Supervisory Board of Aegon N.V. will propose the appointment of Darryl Button (43, Canadian) as his successor and as a member of the Executive Board at Aegon's Annual General Meeting of Shareholders on May 15, 2013. Mr. Button is currently Executive Vice President and Head of Aegon's Corporate Financial Center and previously served as CFO of Aegon Americas for eight years. The appointment of Mr. Button is subject to the approval of the Dutch Central Bank.
As of January 1, 2013, Chief Risk Officer Tom Grondin (43, Canadian) will be appointed to Aegon's Management Board. Mr. Grondin has served as Chief Risk Officer since 2003. The inclusion of Mr. Grondin's position on the Management Board reflects the importance of risk management within the organization. The Management Board will be comprised of the CEO, CFO and CRO of Aegon N.V., the CEO of Aegon Americas, the CEO of Aegon The Netherlands, the CEO of Aegon UK, and the CEO of Aegon Central & Eastern Europe.
"We are grateful to Jan for the significant role he has played in strengthening Aegon's financial position and risk profile during the challenges of the past years," said Supervisory Board Chairman
Rob Routs. "We have full confidence in
Darryl Button and look forward to benefiting from his extensive operational experience in Aegon's largest country unit as management continues to pursue the clear strategic priorities it has identified for the coming years. With the appointment of
Tom Grondin to the Management Board we will further strengthen our disciplined approach to managing business risk in a manner that supports our long-term growth ambitions."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV