DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- GE will purchase 2,000 C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrids – Ford's largest-ever plug-in electrified vehicle fleet sale – as part of GE's commitment to convert half of its global fleet to alternative fuel vehicles
- C-MAX Energi is America's most fuel-efficient plug-in hybrid with a 108 MPGe city EPA rating and a 620-mile single-tank range that will benefit GE's sales and service professionals – many who drive more mileage daily than average commuters
- Ford will promote GE's WattStation ™ charging station and CNG in a Box ™ natural gas fueling station with its commercial buyers. Ford will also supply new alternative fuel vehicles for use at GE's Vehicle Innovation Center
- Georgia Institute of Technology researchers to study GE employee driving and charging habits through innovative MyFord ® Mobile app to help optimize all-electric driving
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) today announces a collaboration with GE (NYSE: GE), in which the company will purchase 2,000 Ford C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrids for its fleet – Ford's largest-ever plug-in electrified vehicle fleet sale. Ford will also jointly market GE's alternative fuel infrastructure solutions.
For GE, the purchase of 2,000 Ford C-MAX Energi vehicles is another step in the company's initiative to convert half of its global fleet to alternative fuel vehicles as part of its commitment to ecomagination. The addition of the Ford vehicles brings the number of alternative fuel vehicles in GE's fleet to more than 5,000 in its goal of 25,000 vehicles.
"Ford is launching six new electrified vehicles – a big bet that fuel prices will continue rising and lead to more demand for advanced fuel-efficient vehicles," says Ken Czubay, Ford vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. "We are pleased to partner with GE, a company that is charting a similar course, to promote advanced technology and energy savings."Mark Vachon, vice president of ecomagination at GE, says, "At GE, we are focused on providing our customers and our fleet with more economically and environmentally efficient vehicles. The Ford C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid is a great addition to our expanding fleet of alternative fuel vehicles." The two companies will also work with researchers from Georgia Institute of Technology to study GE employee driving and charging habits, with the goal of improving all-electric driving and charging performance. Researchers will use Ford's MyFord ® Mobile app – with real-time battery charge status and value charging that automatically recharges at lower-cost, off-peak electricity rates. "Understanding driving and charging habits is key to advancing vehicle and charging infrastructure," says Professor Bert Bras of the Sustainable Design & Manufacturing laboratory at Georgia Tech. "Through access to vehicle data, we can accelerate research and development of new technologies to further improve efficiency, driver satisfaction and environmental benefits." Study findings will be shared with commercial customers to provide insights and help facilitate deployment of electric vehicles in their own fleets amid a growing electric vehicle infrastructure that now includes more than 10,000 public charging stations across the country.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV