That being said, DECK has a good line of products that includes luxury footwear, handbags, apparel, and cold weather accessories under the UGG brand name. It offers open and closed-toe outdoor lifestyle footwear, multi-sport shoes, light hiking shoes, amphibious footwear, and rugged outdoor travel shoes under the Teva brand name.
It also has an action sport footwear under the Sanuk brand name, high-end casual footwear for men and women under the TSUBO brand name, outdoor performance and lifestyle footwear under the Ahnu brand name and work footwear under the MOZO brand name.
The company's leadership hasn't been able to deliver the important bottom-line numbers. That's why the EPS for last quarter plummeted 31% on almost 10% less revenue. Yet, the stock is trading at less than a 9 forward PE. Monday's almost 9% jump in the price per share on higher than average volume tells me, if you'll excuse the pun, that something is "under foot."
My hope is NKE steps up to the plate and takes this company over. It appears to be a win-win for everyone involved, and just the suggestion may help elevate the price of both companies.At the time of publication the author had no position in any of the stocks mentioned. This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage. Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real money portfolio for his charitable trust- enjoy advance notice of every trade, full access to the portfolio, and deep coverage of the latest economic events and market movements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV