TORONTO, Nov. 19, 2012 /CNW/ - NexGen Financial Corporation ("NexGen" or "the Company"), (TSX-V: NFX) today announced its unaudited financial results for the quarter ended Spetember 30, 2012.
Q3 2012 Highlights
- Achieved $1 billion assets under management 1 ("AUM") milestone
- AUM increased 15.2% to $1.01 billion at September 30, 2012 from $874.6 million at September 30, 2011, compared to an industry growth rate of 10.5% over the same period
- During Q3, 2012, AUM increased 6.4% with net sales of $37.7 million
- Operating EBITDA 2 improved to $0.44 million ( $0.09 per share) for Q3, 2012, from $0.26 million ( $0.06 per share) for Q3, 2011
- NexGen ended Q3, 2012 with $6.0 million of working capital available to fund future operations
"We are very pleased to have achieved the $1 billion AUM milestone. We continue to attract assets to our Fixed Income and conservative Balanced Funds reflecting a continuing risk averse investor mindset" said Laurie Munro, President & CEO of NexGen.
NexGen reported a net loss of $0.06 million ( $0.01 loss per share) for the three months ended September 30, 2012, compared with a net loss of $0.36 million ( $0.08 loss per share) for the same period in the prior year. Total revenues increased 17.5% to $3.54 million for the three months ended September 30, 2012, from $3.01 million for the three months ended September 30, 2011.The Company has also granted incentive stock options to purchase a total of 93,000 common shares to certain of its officers and employees in accordance with the provisions of its stock option plan. Pursuant to this plan, the Corporation is authorized to grant an aggregate of up to 10% of its issued and outstanding common shares on a rolling basis.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV