Mentor Graphics Corporation (NASDAQ: MENT) today announced the availability of a GENIVI 3.0 specification-compliant Linux ®- based Infotainment (IVI) product. As the provider of one of the first complete solutions to be registered as compliant with the new specification, Mentor ® Embedded software and services continue to be adopted by Tier 1 suppliers to build advanced in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) systems.
New features in the Mentor Embedded Infotainment solution that meet the GENIVI 3.0 specification include:
- An updated Linux kernel
- Additional Bluetooth components, including hands-free and phone book
- The Node Startup Controller which enables the Infotainment Systems function to return to a last known state on power-up
- Updated versions of systemd, an emerging technology for improving startup efficiency and control
- AF_BUS patches to the Linux Kernel and dbus for improved performance on D-Bus Inter-Process
- Updated packages including Bluetooth, Internet Connection Management, and Sound Server
The Mentor Embedded Linux-based Infotainment solution integrates graphics, communication and multimedia middleware with libraries, system infrastructure and management components on top of Linux, and optimized drivers and BSPs for specific hardware. Mentor Embedded development tools and expert services provide a comprehensive solution for automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and their suppliers, enabling them to build the next generation of IVI systems and include open source software components.
“To ensure our customers’ success, it’s important that Mentor Embedded continues to remain on top of industry specifications and provides products that comply with those specs and facilitate customization necessary to differentiate end products,” said Glenn Perry, general manager of the Mentor Embedded Software Division. “Our active technical and business participatory roles in open source projects and industry programs, including our board membership in GENIVI, help us develop the products that are central to our customers’ success.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV