Mentor Graphics Corporation (NASDAQ: MENT) today announced the availability of a GENIVI 3.0 specification-compliant Linux ®- based Infotainment (IVI) product. As the provider of one of the first complete solutions to be registered as compliant with the new specification, Mentor ® Embedded software and services continue to be adopted by Tier 1 suppliers to build advanced in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) systems.
New features in the Mentor Embedded Infotainment solution that meet the GENIVI 3.0 specification include:
- An updated Linux kernel
- Additional Bluetooth components, including hands-free and phone book
- The Node Startup Controller which enables the Infotainment Systems function to return to a last known state on power-up
- Updated versions of systemd, an emerging technology for improving startup efficiency and control
- AF_BUS patches to the Linux Kernel and dbus for improved performance on D-Bus Inter-Process
- Updated packages including Bluetooth, Internet Connection Management, and Sound Server
The Mentor Embedded Linux-based Infotainment solution integrates graphics, communication and multimedia middleware with libraries, system infrastructure and management components on top of Linux, and optimized drivers and BSPs for specific hardware. Mentor Embedded development tools and expert services provide a comprehensive solution for automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and their suppliers, enabling them to build the next generation of IVI systems and include open source software components.
“To ensure our customers’ success, it’s important that Mentor Embedded continues to remain on top of industry specifications and provides products that comply with those specs and facilitate customization necessary to differentiate end products,” said Glenn Perry, general manager of the Mentor Embedded Software Division. “Our active technical and business participatory roles in open source projects and industry programs, including our board membership in GENIVI, help us develop the products that are central to our customers’ success.”