NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- There is only so much you can do to keep the housing market down. And heaven knows we have tried. But after four years of catastrophic conditions in the home building industry, housing is coming back.
For the skeptics who say it was down so low that up was the only direction left -- I say you are probably right.
Even so, more people need more and different places to live. Five years worth. And the entire industry is responding. So much so that housing is now the No. 1 rated sector in my Best Stocks Now app.
Data from Best Stocks Now App I wrote back in early October about how this housing recovery is real. I wrote about the 12-month triple-digit returns amongst many of the homebuilding stocks . I showed how the building sector was ranked No. 2 at the time in my Best Stocks Now App. I showed the returns of an exchange traded fund ( ITB (ITB)) that tracks the U.S. home construction sector. I showed how it had soared almost 120% over the last 12 months. I embedded a link in the article that led to a recent interview I had with Mick Pattinson, an expert in the homebuilding industry, in my daily radio show "Best Stocks Now."
I was shocked when I heard from him just how real this housing recovery really is. Let's not forget that we now have the lowest interest rates that we had for the last 100 years! How can this not help put the housing market on steroids? I went on in the article to show how Lennar (LEN) was currently one of my top-rated stocks. Here is how it looks today: Data from Best Stocks Now App Data from Best Stocks Now App Look at how shares of Lennar have risen in the ranks of the stocks that I track over the last three months. My proprietary ranking and grading system take into account value, performance, and safety. Lastly, I like to visually look at a chart also, before make move on what I consider to be a Best Stock Now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV