The Board of Directors of Acme United Corporation (NYSE Market: ACU) declared a cash dividend of 7 cents per share on its outstanding common stock. The dividend is payable on December 28, 2012 to stockholders of record on the close of business on December 7, 2012.
This dividend is an acceleration of the company’s regular quarterly dividend which has historically been paid in January. The company anticipates that the next quarterly dividend will be paid in April, 2013.
Mr. Walter C. Johnsen, Chairman and CEO, said, “We believe that paying the dividend several weeks earlier in 2012 is tax advantageous to our shareholders. Our dividend policy going forward will be sensitive to the tax code and consistent with maximizing overall shareholder return.”
ACME UNITED CORPORATION is an innovative supplier of cutting devices, measuring instruments, and safety products for school, home, office, hardware and industrial use. Its leading brands include Westcott®, Clauss®, Camillus®, Physicians Care® and Pac-Kit®.Forward-looking statements in this report, including without limitation, statements related to the Company’s plans, strategies, objectives, expectations, intentions and adequacy of resources, are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Investors are cautioned that such forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties including without limitation the following: (i) the Company’s plans, strategies, objectives, expectations and intentions are subject to change at any time at the discretion of the Company; (ii) the Company’s plans and results of operations will be affected by the Company’s ability to manage its growth, and (iii) other risks and uncertainties indicated from time to time in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV