Blackstone Group (BX)
This company is a global alternative asset manager and a provider of financial advisory services. This stock is trading up 5.6% at $14.40 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 5.52 million
Average Volume: 3 millionVolume % Change: 130% From a technical perspective, BX is bouncing strongly higher here right off its 200-day moving average of $13.85 with above-average volume. This move is coming after BX recently dropped from its high of $15.73 to its recent low of $13.31 with heavy downside volume. The action today is now pushing BX within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once BX manages to take out its 50-day moving average of $14.63 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in BX as long as it's trending above its 200-day at $13.85, and then once it sustains a move or close above its 50-day at $14.63 with volume that hits near or above 3 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then BX will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $15.50 to $15.74. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. At the time of publication, author had no positions in stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV