NEW YORK, Nov. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ketchum, one of the world's leading public relations agencies and PRWeek's Agency of the Year, appointed Julie Ferriot to the newly created position of global director of Ketchum Social Responsibility (KSR). In her new role, Ferriot will expand the firm's robust KSR program, continue to engage employees in volunteerism efforts, and oversee Ketchum's four-year global pro bono partnership with Room to Read. A global charity dedicated to supporting literacy and gender equality in education, Ketchum has donated more than $1.5 million worth of time to the cause.
"With a goal of being an industry leader in the area of corporate citizenship, we knew we needed someone to align and support the many robust initiatives happening across the agency," said Rob Flaherty, senior partner and CEO. "Julie brings an excellent combination of experience and passion for corporate social responsibility work that inspires participation by our colleagues around the world."
Ferriot's previous role at Ketchum was vice president and management supervisor in the Corporate Practice of Ketchum West's San Francisco office. She counseled clients across many industries on corporate social responsibility and philanthropic engagement and served as Ketchum's liaison with Room to Read.
"I am eager to further engage Ketchum colleagues around the world in our initiatives and to adopt social and environmental policies to create a consistent and collaborative program everywhere," said Ferriot. "I'm also committed to delivering a higher level of communication and understanding of Ketchum's work in this space, so clients, employees and the industry recognize that Ketchum truly leads by example when it comes to corporate social responsibility."Underscoring its commitment to community service, the agency's global offices recently participated in KSR service days with a particular focus on efforts to promote literacy and education. More than 825 colleagues from 21 of the agency's global offices participated in activities in support of literacy and other worthy causes in cities around the world. For example:
- Ketchum Buenos Aires – Partnered with the U.S. Embassy to sponsor a workshop that taught communication strategies to representatives of more than 90 non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
- Ketchum Beijing – Spent more than three weeks collecting 216 new and used children's books for donation to the Library Project, a U.S.-based organization with offices in China.
- Ketchum Dusseldorf – Raised money for the Pumpkin House, a children's home in India serving approximately 75 children in need, and participated in Run4Ideas, a 6K run through the city that resulted in one euro being donated to one of the race's charitable partners for each kilometer run.
- Ketchum Los Angeles – Restored a Los Angeles schoolyard garden.
- Ketchum London – Donated public relations support for the Tottenham neighborhood's Gladesmore Community School and its release of a song commemorating the 2011 London riots as a way to change the negative image of the community.
- Ketchum Munich – Hosted an in office 'flea market' to benefit Room to Read, raising €1000 for the organization.
- Ketchum New York – Painted a public high school in partnership with Publicolor, a non-profit organization that combines mentorship programs with the revitalization of public schools and civic spaces.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV