DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford has sold 500,000-plus EcoBoost ®-powered vehicles globally since 2009 launch
- EcoBoost sales in North America exceed 389,000 since launch
- Ford to expand lineup bringing award-winning EcoBoost 1.0-liter three-cylinder engine to U.S.
Ford's highly successful, fuel-efficient EcoBoost ® engine technology hit a big milestone recently with its 500,000th engine being produced just three years after its launch in 2009.
The 500,000th engine was fitted into a 2013 Ford Escape that rolled off the line at Ford's Louisville Assembly Plant.
The milestone is another step in the One Ford plan to be the undisputed industry fuel economy leader, with more segment fuel economy leaders than Toyota or any other manufacturer. By the end of next month, customers will be able to choose eight Ford-built vehicles that deliver 40 or more miles per gallon — double the number available last year and more than any other automaker. Ford also recently introduced the world's most fuel efficient mid-size sedan with the Fusion hybrid, rated at 47 mpg city, 47 mpg highway and 47 mpg combined. The C-Max Hybrid is also rated at a combined 47 mpg, which beats the Toyota Prius v.When EcoBoost launches on Fusion in South America early next year, the fuel-saving engine technology will be available in every region Ford serves. In North America, EcoBoost sales make Ford the leader in gasoline turbo direct-injected engines in its core high-volume passenger vehicles, such as Escape, Fusion and F-150. Ford's global EcoBoost engine family includes the award-winning 1.0-liter three-cylinder, 1.6-liter and 2.0-liter four-cylinder engines, and the powerful 3.5-liter V6. EcoBoost was introduced in July 2009 with the 3.5-liter V6 EcoBoost engine in the 2010 Taurus SHO; 9,946 units were sold that year. 2010 saw EcoBoost sales increase to 15,117, while last year Ford sold 127,683 EcoBoost-equipped vehicles in the U.S. By 2013, more than 90 percent of Ford's North American lineup will be available with an EcoBoost engine. Today, Ford offers EcoBoost engines in 11 North American nameplates, with four more coming in 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV