In its progression to becoming the most relevant omni-channel retailer, The Finish Line, Inc. (NASDAQ: FINL) announced today the re-launch of Finishline.com with an enhanced focus on the customer.
“We’ve simplified the look and feel for customers, while elevating the interactive experience for our premium brands and products,” said Chris Ladd, executive vice president and chief digital officer for Finish Line. “Now when customers land on our site, they’ll see a shopping experience that’s simple, easy to use and puts product and the customer at the center of everything we do. We now have behind-the-scenes technology that provides accessible platforms across an assortment of digital channels from web, to mobile, tablet and in-store.”
Finish Line collaborated with several industry innovators on this re-launch. Big Spaceship, a digital agency dedicated to creating connective experiences, products and platforms, and Demandware, a leading provider of cloud-based commerce solutions, have worked integrally with Finish Line’s digital and IT teams in the research, re-design and implementation of the site.
Highlights of the Finishline.com re-design include:
- Ease and ability to find product quickly with searching, sorting and filtering
- Scalability to meet growth demands for consumers with cloud-based solutions provided by Demandware’s platform technology
- Brand shop-in-shops showcase Finish Line’s brand partners and their product while also providing the mediums to differentiate themselves
- Simplified check-out includes improved connectivity to Winner’s Circle, Finish Line’s loyalty reward program, so customers can see their points balance
- The evolving and responsive technology integrates data and the shopping experience across technologies, platforms and applications
- Ability to purchase online and pickup in a nearby Finish Line store
- With content flexibility, the site can be updated real-time with up-to-the minute promotions, sales, shipping offers and marketing information
“We’re excited to showcase our premium brands on the site and subsequently have our customers post and share this content through their social networks as well,” added Ladd. “Customers can find product quicker with richer content and more features around that content like blogs, videos and user reviews. Whether they are in our store, curled up on their couch with their tablet or shopping on their phone at lunch, Finishline.com offers a simple, clear and clean site for our customers to find what they’re looking for and make the purchase. This is the beginning of our ongoing omni-channel transformation strategy as we continue to work with consumers and brand partners to reinvent the shopping experience.”