Aetna (NYSE: AET) was recognized as one of America’s most community-minded companies, ranking fourth in “The Civic 50” survey – the first comprehensive ranking of S&P 500 corporations that best use their time, talent, and resources to improve the quality of life in the communities where they do business. The survey was conducted by the National Conference on Citizenship (NCoC) and Points of Light, national experts on civic engagement, in partnership with Bloomberg L.P.
The Civic 50 is featured in an article in the November 12-18, 2012, issue of Bloomberg Businessweek and online, looking at the philanthropic efforts of some of the top companies.
“Aetna is dedicated to helping build healthy communities and improving the quality of health care for everyone,” said Mark T. Bertolini, Aetna chairman, CEO and president, and chairman of the Aetna Foundation, Aetna’s charitable giving arm. “We are proud to showcase our strong culture of commitment and we encourage other firms to join us in demonstrating the good that corporate citizens are doing in so many places.”
Last year, Aetna, the Aetna Foundation, and its employees, retirees and directors collectively gave nearly $25 million to improve people’s health, particularly those from underserved populations, and to increase their access to high-quality health care. In addition, Aetna employees volunteered more than 340,000 hours of their time in support of charitable efforts.“NCoC is proud to be part of The Civic 50 launch,” said Ilir Zherka, Executive Director of NCOC. “The Civic 50 demonstrates that the best companies in America are deeply committed to strengthening their respective communities. Leaders of these companies are aligning the expertise of their companies and people with the needs of their communities, and then measuring the impact of their programs. NCoC hopes The Civic 50 will spur companies throughout our country to do the same.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV