Car insurance company Progressive is one of the nation’s Top 100 Military Friendly Employers, according to G.I. Jobs. Each year, the magazine ranks companies based on criteria such as long-term commitment to military hiring, Reserve/Guard policies and veteran training programs.
G.I. Jobs compiled the list from more than 5,000 entrants. Only companies with more than $500 million in revenue were eligible to compete and only 2 percent made the top 100 list.
- Progressive selected from more than 5,000 entrants.
- Offering 100 percent differential pay to active-duty Reservists and continuing medical benefits for active-duty Reservists and their dependents helped Progressive earn a spot on this year’s list.
- 5 percent of our workforce are former members of the military.
QuotesJ.C. Jones, Progressive’s compensation and benefits director“Being recognized again by G.I. Jobs’ as one of the country’s Top 100 Military Friendly Employers is a huge honor and a reflection of our commitment to the military. We work hard to attract military veterans to our company and appreciate their tremendous contributions to our success.” “We look for people who take pride in their work, have a desire to challenge themselves and have a proven ability to think strategically. Those characteristics are often found in the men and women who have chosen to serve in the military.” About Progressive Celebrating its 75th anniversary in 2012, The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies (collectively, “Progressive Insurance”) makes it easy to understand, buy and use auto insurance. Progressive offers choices so consumers can reach us whenever, wherever and however it’s most convenient for them — online at progressive.com, by phone at 1-800-PROGRESSIVE, or in-person with a local agent. Progressive offers insurance for personal and commercial autos and trucks, motorcycles, boats, recreational vehicles and homes. It’s the fourth largest auto insurer in the country, the largest seller of motorcycle insurance and a leader in commercial auto insurance. Progressive also offers car insurance online in Australia at http://www.progressiveonline.com.au. Founded in 1937, Progressive continues its long history of offering shopping tools and services that save customers time and money, like Name Your Price ®, the Snapshot Discount ®, and a concierge level of claims service. The Common Shares of The Progressive Corporation, the Mayfield Village, Ohio-based holding company, are publicly traded at (NYSE:PGR).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV