Food Banks Of The Past Get Makeover With Help From MAZON, Kaiser Permanente
"We want to elevate the idea of a food bank from a dented can thrown in a box to nutritious, fresh food offered along with education and awareness about healthy eating," explains Jodi Balis, a registered dietician with CAFB. Balis goes on to highlight how CAFB's partnership with MAZON through the Healthy Options, Healthy Meals ™ program has aided the food bank in placing a more concerted focus on nutrition and education.
"The relationship with MAZON has been transformative. They've been truly invaluable in putting all this together. The peer learning, technical assistance, and one-on-one support MAZON provided was instrumental in helping us shape nutrition policies that ultimately change the kinds of foods we procure and the ways we engage the community in healthier eating."
 USDA. Coleman-Jensen, A., Nord, M., Andrews, M., & Carlson, S. Household Food Security in the United States in 2011.
 Webb, Campbell, Ross, Crawford. Atkins Center for Weight and Health at University of California, Berkeley. Improving the Nutritional Quality of Foods Distributed to Lower-Income Families through Emergency Food Services: A study of nutrition-related policies and practices of food banks and food pantries. May 2012.Michelle Stuffman, Director of Communications for MAZON: email@example.com, 310.442.0020 x103 Marla Feldman, Healthy Options Healthy Meals program director: firstname.lastname@example.org, 310.442.0020 x112 SOURCE MAZON
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV