DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford's newest EcoBoost ® engine is expected to deliver the best fuel economy of any non-hybrid car sold in America
- Ford's patented 1.0-liter EcoBoost engine will be the most refined and powerful in its class
- Global sales of EcoBoost engines are at 520,000 units and growing fast
The new 2014 Ford Fiesta on sale next year will be the first vehicle available in the United States with Ford's award-winning 1.0-liter EcoBoost ® engine. Though the car has not yet undergone EPA testing, it is expected to be certified as the most fuel-efficient non-hybrid car available in the United States.
The smallest engine available in its class, Ford's patented 1.0-liter EcoBoost won't be short on power, torque or refinement. The smooth, quiet-running engine is projected to produce 123 horsepower and peak torque of 148 lb.-ft.
"Customers are going to be pleasantly surprised at what the smallest member of the EcoBoost engine family can do," said Joe Bakaj, Ford vice president of Powertrain Engineering. "Most customers are not going to be thinking about the number of cylinders under the hood when they drive the new 1.0-liter EcoBoost Fiesta. They'll notice an extremely smooth and quiet idle, terrific acceleration accompanied by a sporty sound at high revs, and – most importantly – outstanding fuel economy."The newest member of Ford's global EcoBoost engine family, the 1.0-liter will join the most fuel-efficient lineup in Ford Motor Company's history. Next year, Ford will offer eight vehicles rated at 40 mpg or higher – double today's total, and more than any other automaker. Ford tops Toyota in fuel economy in every segment in which both companies compete.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts