SuperMedia Lends Its Support To Small Business Saturday® And Drives Commerce To Small Businesses Across The Nation
SuperMedia announces its participation in this year’s Small Business Saturday, Nov. 24, 2012. Small Business Saturday is a day dedicated to strengthening the community by supporting local, independently owned small businesses.
American Express, founding partner of Small Business Saturday, is preparing for the third annual initiative. In 2011, millions of consumers shopped at small businesses on Small Business Saturday. 1
SuperMedia recognizes the importance of supporting small business, the jobs they help create and the culture they instill in local communities. According to the Small Businesses Association, small businesses nationwide have accounted for 65 percent of net new jobs created over the past 17 years and represent 99.7 percent of all employer firms.
GETTING INVOLVED IN SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAYSuperMedia has created a Small Business Saturday page on Superpages.com to drive consumer traffic toward the event. The page includes a “Share a Story” section where consumers can write about their favorite small businesses, as well as links to Small Business Saturday blog posts and Twitter mentions. American Express has created a variety of ways to help raise awareness about the importance of supporting small businesses and motivate consumers to Shop Small®. Small business owners and their supporters can visit ShopSmall.com to take advantage of some of these tools, including:
- Free online advertising for qualifying small business owners 2
- Social media tools to help local businesses spread the word about Small Business Saturday
- Personalized point-of-purchase materials for small business owners to show their involvement in the program
- Searchable maps where consumers can search for American Express Card accepting small businesses near them
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts