Other companies slated to report on Tuesday include American Woodwork (AMWD), Campbell Soup (CPB), Chico's FAS (CHS), DSW Inc. (DSW), Eaton Vance (EV), Fred's (FRED), Genesco (GCO), H.J. Heinz (HNZ), Hormel Foods (HRL), Medtronic (MDT), Salesforce.com (CRM), School Specialty (SCHS), Tech Data (TECD), Valspar (VAL), and Zale Corp. (ZLC).
Tuesday's economic calendar includes housing starts and building permits for October at 8:30 a.m. ET. The consensus estimates are at 840,000 and 870,000 respectively, according to Briefing.com.
And finally, Monday's after-hours session featured a move higher by beaten-down deals company Groupon (GRPN), which gained ground after hedge fund Tiger Global Management disclosed a stake of 65 million class A shares in the company. That represents 9.9% of Groupon's outstanding class A stock, according to Reuters.
Groupon shares, which priced at $20 each in the company's initial public offering last November, were last quoted at $3.20, up 3.1%, on extended volume of more than 150,000, according to Nasdaq.com.Also making headlines late was Dow component JPMorgan Chase (JPM), which named Marianne Lake as its next chief financial officer, succeeding Doug Braunstein, who is becoming the bank's vice chairman. Lake, currently the CFO of the company's consumer and community banking business, is expected to transition into the CFO role during the first quarter of 2013, JPMorgan said. --Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV