NEW YORK (TheStreet) - You might not recognize the names FreePriceAlerts.com, or ziftr, or even their parent company MyVBO. But you've surely heard of some of their retail partners in this new venture. Thousands of companies, including Amazon (AMZN), Macy's (M), Home Depot (HD), BestBuy (BBY), Target (TGT) and Walmart (WMT) are said to be involved.
Ziftr is their new,Web-based dashboard combining the most recent price information and social shopping features. The idea is to help users find the absolutely lowest prices in the least amount of time.
FreePriceAlerts downloads into your Web browser and alerts you to better deals any time you're browsing any of your favorite shopping sites. The new dashboard automatically does the shopping search for you. It combines live comparative pricing, automatic price alerts, and lists of the most popular items. It also determines the best online coupons available, depending on what you shop for and can combine shopping lists from different online retailers into one global list.
When you're shopping online, FreePriceAlerts generates a notification when it finds the product at a lower price elsewhere. Shoppers learn exactly what they'll save and are then offered a direct link to the virtual bargain. Shoppers see a green check mark when the lowest price has been found.The FreePriceAlerts people estimate that shoppers can save an average of $28 on each purchase they make using the new service. The best feature of the new service, however, is that it's free. Customers pay nothing. FreePriceAlerts' retail partners are actually footing the bill. --Written by Gary Krakow in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV