News Summary: SKorea, China, Japan Mull Free Trade
The Associated Press
THE NEWS: South Korea, China and Japan will soon start talks aimed at forming a free trade pact that will encompass three of the world's biggest economies.
THE DETAILS: The free trade agreement would help boost economic growth and pave the way for more stable political relationships in the region, where China and Japan have been at odds over the sovereignty of islands in the East China Sea.
THE NUMBERS: The state-run Korea Institute for International Economic Policy estimates a trade pact with Japan and China will add as much as 1.45 percentage points to South Korea's gross domestic product growth in the mid- to long-term.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV