Updated with closing prices below.
Topeka Capital Markets analyst Brian White wrote that Apple's stock under-performance might be over. Citing the company's valuation (which is trading at 7.6 times 2013 earnings excluding cash, according to White's calculations), he believes shares are a buy.
"Those investors that have missed Apple or have been under-weight the stock, now have another opportunity to buy Apple before sentiment takes a turn for the positive during what has historically been the strongest quarter of the year for the stock," White wrote in his note. He rates Apple "buy" and has a $1,111 price target on the company, the highest on Wall Street.
Intel (INTC) announced that CEO Paul Otellini will be leaving the company in May 2013, as he is set to retire. "I've been privileged to lead one of the world's greatest companies," Otellini said, in a statement released by the No.1 chip maker. "After almost four decades with the company and eight years as CEO, it's time to move on and transfer Intel's helm to a new generation of leadership." Shares were lower in Monday trading, off 0.4% to $20.11, having recovered from their worst levels of the session.
MicroStrategy (MSTR) plunged 6.36% to $85.94 as the company announced that Donald Hunt, its Executive Vice President, Worldwide Sales & Operations left the company on Nov. 9. Hunt will be paid $191,000 pursuant to an agreement with MicroStrategy as part of the executive bonus plan, plus an additional $276,000. The Update: Apple shares closed $38.05 higher at 565.73. Intel and MicroStrategy were both lower. Micro gave up $4.66 to close at $87.12 while Intel lost 6 cents to see $20.25 at the end. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV