Beginning tomorrow, Macy’s (NYSE:M) customers may faint from excitement over the retailer’s new Black Friday commercial featuring superstar Justin Bieber. The TV spot’s humorous storyline shows what happens when people come in contact with Bieber’s well-known wink. Scheduled to break on television on Tuesday, Nov. 20, the commercial reminds customers to shop Macy’s starting at 12 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 23 (midnight Thanksgiving night) for the best deals on gifts for everyone on their list.
Justin Bieber gives the "Wink, Nod, Smile" in new Macy's Black Friday commercial (Photo: Business Wire)
“Justin Bieber is one of Macy’s superstar talents with a great sense of humor, and he was a hit in last year’s Black Friday commercial,” said Martine Reardon, Macy’s chief marketing officer. “We’re excited to share another fun look at fans’ extreme reaction to seeing Justin in store as he helps get the message out to shop early at Macy’s for great deals on the most desirable gifts this holiday season.”
Reinforcing that America’s Department Store is Bieber’s favorite spot to shop on Black Friday, Macy’s “Wink, Nod, Smile” continues the retailer’s fall sitcom-themed TV concept starring new Macy’s Herald Square store manager Harold (Matt Oberg) and visual merchandiser Carolina (Chloe Wepper), as they remind Bieber what happened on Black Friday last year. While in the store, Bieber offered his classic “wink” to unsuspecting fans who swooned in the megastar’s presence. In this year’s spot, Harold and Carolina fall prey to the effects of an accidental “wink” when Bieber gets something in his eye.
Macy’s Facebook fans got a first look at the spot on Sunday, Nov. 18. Today, the spot is previewed online with a takeover of YouTube’s home page. The “Wink, Nod, Smile” spot will break on television November 20.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV