3. As of noon trading, Xcel Energy ( XEL) is down $0.27 (-1.0%) to $26.00 on average volume Thus far, 1.2 million shares of Xcel Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $26.00-$26.42 after having opened the day at $26.34 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.27. Xcel Energy Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the generation, purchase, transmission, distribution, and sale of electricity in the United States. The company generates electricity using coal, natural gas, nuclear, hydro, solar, waste, biomass, oil, and wind energy sources. Xcel Energy has a market cap of $12.7 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.0, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 4.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Xcel Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Xcel Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, expanding profit margins, notable return on equity and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full Xcel Energy Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts