3. As of noon trading, TransCanada ( TRP) is up $0.30 (0.7%) to $45.32 on average volume Thus far, 112,705 shares of TransCanada exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 254,700 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $45.15-$45.66 after having opened the day at $45.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.02. Transcanada Corporation operates as an energy infrastructure company in North America. The company operates in three segments: Natural Gas Pipelines, Oil Pipelines, and Energy. TransCanada has a market cap of $31.2 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.7, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate TransCanada a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates TransCanada as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full TransCanada Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts