Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Things are going to be looking up for the home improvement stocks, Jim Cramer told Lindsey Bell at TheStreet.com Monday.
Cramer said both companies have been in turnaround mode for some time. But with housing beginning to recover, both stocks should begin to do well.
Even more important, however, are the effects from Hurricane Sandy, Cramer said. In many areas of New Jersey, for example, homeowners are still not even allowed to survey the damage, let alone begin to repair it. "We just don't know the extent of the damage," Cramer said, but the rebuilding efforts will surely be a tailwind for these stocks. Of the two, Cramer said Home Depot remains his favorite because the company reported a stellar quarter but was drowned out by fiscal cliff concerns. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV