Rating Change #6
AECOM Technology Corporation
has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid financial position based on a variety of debt and liquidity measures that we have evaluated. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ACM, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 9.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.49, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further.
- AECOM TECHNOLOGY CORP has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AECOM TECHNOLOGY CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$0.57 versus $2.34 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.57 versus -$0.57).
- The gross profit margin for AECOM TECHNOLOGY CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 8.20%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -10.80% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $226.39 million or 13.63% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
AECOM Technology Corporation provides professional technical and management support services for commercial and government clients worldwide. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.8, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. AECOM Technology has a market cap of $2.46 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. Shares are up 5.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
You can view the full
AECOM Technology Ratings Report
or get investment ideas from our
investment research center