DETROIT, Nov. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Michigan Public Service Commission approved DTE Energy's plan to expand its SolarCurrents customer-owned pilot program, which offers customers a more affordable way to install solar photovoltaic systems on their homes and businesses.
The second phase of the SolarCurrents program will offer an additional 2 megawatts of capacity over the next two years.
"DTE Energy is expanding its SolarCurrents Program, making solar energy more affordable for our customers and helping us meet the state's renewable energy goals," said Irene Dimitry, DTE Energy vice president, Marketing and Renewables. "It is an overwhelmingly popular program for our customers and solar energy system installers, and we're looking forward to beginning the next phase."
In the first phase of the SolarCurrents program, which was fully subscribed last year, nearly 600 solar energy projects were built that represented a total of 5 MW of capacity. Customers participated in the first phase of the program on a first-come, first-served basis.To have a more controlled pace of installations, the 2 MW will be awarded in four random selections of 500 kilowatts each over two years – January and June of 2013 and 2014. Speedier project commissioning also is expected in the second phase. Workshops for customers and installers will be scheduled this year. See dteenergy.com/solar for more information. SOURCE DTE Energy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV