MISSISSAUGA, ON, Nov. 19, 2012 /CNW/ - Morguard Corporation (TSX: MRC) ("Morguard") today released its inaugural Corporate Sustainability Report online at www.morguard.com. Titled Building A Sustainable Future, the Report highlights Morguard's commitment to environmental, social and governance (ESG) initiatives.
"Sustainability is a strategic focus at Morguard," said Rai Sahi, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Morguard Corporation. "We have a responsibility and an opportunity to make a difference through our real estate assets by setting measureable, long-term sustainability goals that ensure shareholder value, responsible investment and stronger communities."
The Report used the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Framework for sustainability reporting and the Construction and Real Estate Sector Supplement (CRESS). It was self-declared as GRI Level B, indicating that Morguard has included disclosures on company profile, management approach, and a minimum of 20 additional indicators.
- Significant utility cost reduction in 2011: 2.2% (13 million ekWhs) reduction in energy use and a 4.7% (100,000+ litres) reduction in water use, in our Canadian office and retail portfolio
- 46% increase in BOMA BESt green building certifications (from 46 to 67 total properties in 2011)
- 23 Certified Rental Buildings in the Canadian residential portfolio in 2011
- 4 LEED certified buildings in operation and 12 new developments targeting LEED in progress
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts