Patheon Announces Launch Of Rights Offering
Expected to raise U.S. $30 million
TORONTO, Nov. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Patheon Inc. (TSX: PTI), a leading provider of contract development and manufacturing services to the global pharmaceutical industry, today announced that it will launch a U.S. $30 million transferable rights offering.
Under the terms of the rights offering, all record holders of the company's restricted voting shares as of November 27, 2012 will receive, at no charge, one transferable subscription right for each restricted voting share held as of the record date. For every 13.75 subscription rights held, rights holders will be entitled to subscribe for one whole restricted voting share at a price of $3.19 per whole share, payable in either U.S. or Canadian dollars at such holder's choice, but subject to any additional restrictions any broker, dealer, bank or other nominee may impose. Rights holders who exercise their subscription rights in full will have the opportunity to over-subscribe for additional restricted voting shares to the extent shares are available, subject to certain limitations. The subscription rights will be exercisable until 5:00 p.m. ( Toronto time) on December 28, 2012, unless extended.
The company expects the total purchase price of the shares offered in this rights offering to be U.S. $30 million, assuming full participation. Patheon intends to use the net proceeds of approximately U.S. $29.5 million from the rights offering to partially finance its planned acquisition of Banner Pharmacaps and/or for general corporate purposes.The company's restricted voting shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol "PTI". In addition, as the subscription rights issued in connection with this rights offering are transferable, the subscription rights will be listed and traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol "PTI.RT".
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV