Last week came rumors that Apple was reportedly going to start trial production on the iPhone 5S. That may be true (or not, given the source). Now the same source, DigiTimes, is saying that Apple will release the iPhone 5S in mid-2013, citing market observers.
"Apple is expected to introduce its next-generation iPad and iPhone series around the middle of 2013, which will boost demand for ICs in particular communications related chips during the latter half of the first quarter, according to the observers. Component orders placed by Apple, which climbed to high levels prior to the iPhone 5 rollout, will rise again between March and April, the observers indicated,"
Apple moved around the launch of its iPhone from June to the September/October time frame with the release of the iPhone 4S, so this rumor is not consistent with Apple's recent iPhone launches. Apple has been known to change things in the past (announcing the fourth-gen iPad last month), but a mid-2013 iPhone 5S seems off.Apple shares were soaring in early Monday trading, up 3.87% to $548.08. Interested in more on Broadcom? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV