Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:13 am ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk On The Street" Monday:
Investors in hotel stocks are betting on a recession, but Cramer still loves Starwood Hotels (HOT). He was also upbeat on Petsmart (PETM), calling it one of the best upside surprises this earnings season.
Starwood shares closed 1.4% higher while those of Petsmart rose 2.2%.Cramer said the bears are worried about commodity costs at Dean Foods (DF) but he disagrees, saying those fears are in the past. He was also bullish on Agilent (A), noting that tech spending in emerging markets may be on the rise.
Dean Food shares ended Monday up 1.5% while Agilent jumped nearly 5%. Finally, Cramer gave a positive nod to Marathon Oil (MRO), a domestic oil and gas company that is immune to rising tensions in Israel, and Diageo (DEO), one of his favorite international growth companies. Marathon Oil stock rose 1.4% on the day while Diageo was bubbled up 1.8%. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV