In addition to financial performance, Intel, under Otellini’s leadership, achieved notable successes in areas of strategic importance. During this period, the company:
- Transformed operations and the cost structure for long-term growth
- Achieved breakthrough innovations, including High-K/Metal gate and now 3-D Tri-gate transistors; and dramatic improvement in energy efficiency of Intel processors
- Reinvented the PC with Ultrabook™ devices
- Greatly expanded business partnerships and made strategic acquisitions that expanded Intel’s presence in security, software and mobile communications
- Delivered the first smartphones and tablets for sale with Intel inside
- Grew the vast network of cloud-based computing built on Intel products
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world’s computing devices. Additional information about Intel is available at newsroom.intel.com and blogs.intel.com.
Intel, the Intel logo and Ultrabook are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.