Who's Afraid of the Fiscal Cliff? Stocks Soar
Republic Services (RSG) shares increased 1.2% as Cascade Investments raised its stake in the provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry to 23%.
BP's (BP) American Depositary Receipts rose 3% amid reports that the oil giant plans to spend as much as $5.9 billion repurchasing its stock.
Shares of Tyson Foods jumped 10.9% after the company posted better-than-estimated fourth-quarter earnings as strength returned to its chicken business.
News Corp (NWSA) is expected to announce this week that it will acquire a 49% stake in the YES Network from the New York Yankees and its partners, according to Reuters, which cited a person with knowledge of the talks. The deal would value the sports channel at $3 billion, Reuters said. Shares advanced 2.9%.-- Written by Andrea Tse and Joe Deaux in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV