For Each Service Act Completed, Hasbro Will Donate a Toy or Game to Toys for Tots, Up to 100,000 Pieces
NEW YORK, Nov. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- To mark the season of giving, generationOn and its partners at Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) are asking kids and teens to help children in need through Be a Joy Maker , the third annual generationOn holiday giving campaign.
Beginning today through December 18, for each act of service completed by a child or teen and logged on the Be a Joy Maker site, Hasbro will donate a toy or game to Toys for Tots – up to 100,000 pieces.
"GenerationOn is a global youth service movement that encourages young people to be engaged citizens, and our hope this holiday season is to inspire them to care, share and give joy to children in need," said Concetta Bencivenga, executive director at generationOn. "We want kids to channel their compassion by completing an act of service and triggering a toy donation that will bring the gift of play to children who would otherwise not receive a gift this year.""Hasbro's partnership with generationOn is especially important during the holiday season, as we team up with service-minded youth to make the holidays a bit brighter for children who need it most," said Karen Davis, vice president, community relations at Hasbro, Inc. "The belief that kids of all ages can be empowered to give back is at the core of our company culture, and we could not be happier to make this donation in honor of kids and teens committed to making a positive impact in their communities." The third annual campaign builds upon the success of the past two years during which more than 230,000 kids pledged to volunteer, triggering gifts of toys from Hasbro to just as many kids. This year, generationOn and Hasbro are asking young people to take their commitment to service a step further and turn that pledge of service into an act of service.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV