The Board of Directors of The Gabelli Multimedia Trust Inc. (NYSE:GGT) (the “Fund”) reaffirmed its 10% distribution policy and declared a $0.20 per share cash distribution payable on December 20, 2012 to common stock shareholders of record on December 14, 2012. With this fourth quarter distribution, the total distributions from the Fund would equate to $0.80 per share for 2012.
The Fund intends to pay a quarterly distribution of an amount determined each quarter by the Board of Directors. Under the Fund’s current distribution policy, the Fund intends to pay a minimum annual distribution of 10% of the average net asset value of the Fund within a calendar year or an amount sufficient to satisfy the minimum distribution requirements of the Internal Revenue Code, whichever is greater. The average net asset value of the Fund is based on the average net asset values as of the last day of the four preceding calendar quarters during the year. We note that 10% of the average net asset value of the Fund would be $0.78 based on the ending net asset values per share as of December 31, 2011, March 31, 2012, June 30, 2012, and September 30, 2012 of $7.48, $8.04, $7.57, and $8.06, respectively. In declaring a distribution of $0.20 per share, the Board of Directors has chosen to distribute an amount greater than that called for by the distribution policy. The net asset value per share fluctuates daily.
Each quarter, the Board of Directors reviews the amount of any potential distribution from the income, capital gain, or capital available. The Board of Directors will continue to monitor the Fund’s distribution level, taking into consideration the Fund’s net asset value and the financial market environment. The Fund’s distribution policy is subject to modification by the Board of Directors at any time. The distribution rate should not be considered the dividend yield or total return on an investment in the Fund.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV