- On September 12, 2012, the Company completed the acquisition of Bao Li Gaming Promotion Limited (“Bao Li”), a Macau-based VIP room gaming promoter that operates one room with five tables at City of Dreams Macau. As a result of the acquisition closing on September 12, and in accordance with the terms of the purchase agreement, AERL obtained the right to all of the profit interest of Bao Li dating back to September 1.
- Rolling Chip Turnover for the three months ended September 30, 2012 in the Company’s VIP gaming rooms was $4.0 billion, down 32% year-over-year, compared to $6.0 billion in the same period of 2011.
- Net income, which includes a gain of $9.4 million for the change in fair value of contingent consideration related to the acquisition of King’s Gaming and Bao Li, declined 16% to $22.6 million, or $0.53 per share (fully diluted), in the three months ended September 30, 2012, from $26.9 million, or $0.68 per share (fully diluted). in the same period of 2011.
- Non-GAAP income before amortization of intangible assets and the change in fair value of contingent consideration related to the acquisition of King's Gaming and Bao Li was $14.9 million, or $0.35 per share (fully diluted), in the three months ended September 30, 2012, a 34% decrease as compared to $22.5 million, or $0.57 per share (fully diluted), for the three months ended September 30, 2011.
- In the third quarter 2012, the Company repurchased and retired 262,347 shares at an average price of $3.67 per share. The share repurchase program, which expires June 30, 2013, authorizes the Company to further purchase up to an additional 1,737,653 of its ordinary shares on the open market at prices to be determined by the Company’s management.
- On August 31, 2012, the Company paid its 2012 Six Month Dividend of $0.12 per outstanding ordinary share.
- Beginning September 1, 2012, the Company changed its remuneration model to a revenue sharing model for all of its VIP rooms.
Asia Entertainment & Resources Ltd. Announces Third Quarter And Nine Month 2012 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts