The Medscape 2012 Ethics Survey found that 12% of physicians said "yes" and 13% said "it depends" when asked if it is acceptable to overstate or falsify a patient's condition when submitting claims or seeking prior authorization. The majority (75%) of responding physicians, however, said "no."
To learn more about the Medscape 2012 Ethics Survey findings and qualitative physician responses, visit http://www.medscape.com/features/slideshow/public/ethics2012.
For additional information on ethics within the business of medicine, visit http://www.medscape.com/resource/ethics.
*Medscape 2012 Ethics Survey Methodology: Medscape's 2012 Ethics Survey was intended to identify how U.S. physicians would react to a wide range of ethical dilemmas and which ethical dilemmas are the most difficult to navigate. Medscape conducted the survey during August and September and received responses from more than 24,000 physicians across 25 specialties.About Medscape Medscape is the flagship site in WebMD's Professional Network. Medscape and Medscape Mobile are free, registration-based services that provide physicians and other health care professionals with comprehensive resources across 30 medical specialty areas, including medical news and perspectives, clinical reference tools, and continuing medical education. About WebMD WebMD Health Corp. (NASDAQ: WBMD) is the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, health care professionals, employers, and health plans through our public and private online portals, mobile platforms, and health-focused publications. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD Health, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicineHealth, RxList, theheart.org, Medscape Education, and other owned WebMD sites. SOURCE WebMD Health Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV