PORTLAND, Ore., Nov. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- RENTRAK CORPORATION (NASDAQ: RENT), the leader in multi-screen media measurement serving the advertising, television and entertainment industries, today released ratings information on viewing trends in New York City during Superstorm Sandy on Monday, October 29 th. Rentrak also announced that it has and will continue to report on the NY market for the full month of November. Using the company's TV Essentials service, Rentrak gathered TV viewership data from approximately 90,000 homes that the company has in the New York Market, and the second-by-second results show a market that turned to TV in higher numbers than usual during the day, but as the storm hit, TV viewing fell, along with the power.
According to Rentrak information, as Sandy came ashore residents turned TVs on. The chart below compares Homes Using TV (HUTs) on October 29 th, the day of the storm, with October 22 nd, the Monday a week before. Viewing levels were quite high during the day, but dropped as the storm hit parts of the DMA in late afternoon.
"Rentrak's 'big data' approach means that we can continue to report and avoid going black, even in areas hit by extreme weather – and our dependability is a huge differentiator for our clients," said Bruce Goerlich, Chief Research Officer, Rentrak. "Rentrak is able to report all markets before, after and during the storm, allowing TV Essentials clients to stay informed in November."Rentrak's television ratings information service provides daily measurement of TV stations in all 210 media markets nationally and at a granular level. The service incorporates information from over 20 million televisions and is the only fully integrated system of detailed satellite, telco and cable TV viewing data commercially available.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV