Brian Cornell, Chief Executive Officer Of PepsiCo Americas Foods, Today Was Announced As The Newest Member Of The Polaris Industries Inc. Board Of Directors. (Credit: Polaris Industries Inc.)
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) today announced the appointment of Brian Cornell, Chief Executive Officer of PepsiCo Americas Foods, to the Company’s Board of Directors. Mr. Cornell has more than 30 years’ experience in consumer product marketing and general management, and has served on the Board of Directors for both The Home Depot and OfficeMax.
“We are very excited to add Brian Cornell to the Polaris Board of Directors,” said Scott Wine, Chief Executive Officer, Polaris Industries. “Brian’s extensive experience leading successful global companies will provide invaluable oversight as we continue to expand our worldwide footprint, while his brand management acumen will be an indispensable resource as we grow our industry leading portfolio of products.”
Mr. Cornell took over as CEO of PepsiCo Americas Foods in March 2012. As CEO, Mr. Cornell oversees a product portfolio that reported $23 billion in revenue in 2011.
Prior to taking his current position, Mr. Cornell spent four years as the President and CEO of Sam’s Club, a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., where he also served as an Executive Vice President. Previously, Mr. Cornell was CEO of Michaels, the largest specialty retailer of arts and crafts in North America, and earlier he served as Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer for Safeway, where he was responsible for the company’s marketing, merchandising, manufacturing and distribution operations.Mr. Cornell holds a B.A. from the University of California, Los Angeles, where he also attended the Anderson Graduate School of Management and currently serves on the Anderson School Board of Visitors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV