For the sixth consecutive year, UBS has earned top marks from the Human Rights Campaign’s (HRC) Corporate Equality Index (CEI) which measures corporate policies and practices related to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) employees. This year marks the eighth time in the past eleven years that UBS earned a perfect rating in the annual report, and designation by HRC as one of the best places to work for LGBT employees.
Key efforts by UBS in LGBT equality and inclusion
- Among the first Wall Street firms to offer a tax offsetting benefit for employees who pay for healthcare coverage for their same sex partners or spouses
- Developed resources which focus on wealth management for LGBT clients
- Provided comprehensive healthcare benefits to transgender employees
- Volunteer partnerships with a number of community service organizations which focus on health and social services, at-risk youth mentoring, and education
The recognition UBS has received from the CEI in recent years underscores the firm’s commitment to diversity and inclusion. In addition to Pride Americas, the firm’s LGBT employee network, UBS offers a number of other employee diversity groups which aim to provide mentoring, career development programming and additional resources for women, working parents, veterans, employees with disabilities, persons of color, and those representing multi-cultural backgrounds.
“Cultivating a diverse and inclusive work environment is more than just the right thing to do—it makes good business sense,” said Bob McCann, CEO of UBS Group Americas. “When employees can come to work and be who they truly are, they are able to focus on developing unique solutions for the clients we serve. UBS is proud to have been recognized for its ongoing efforts to build a culture where the contributions and perspectives of all employees are valued.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts