HOUSTON, Nov. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The board of directors of Westlake Chemical Corporation (NYSE: WLK) declared on Friday a regular quarterly dividend of 18.75 cents per share. The board also declared a special dividend of $3.75 per share. Both dividends will be payable on December 12, 2012, to stockholders of record on November 26, 2012.
The regular quarterly dividend and the special dividend will entail the payment of approximately $12.5 million and $250 million, respectively. The funds will be provided from cash on hand.
This is the 33 rd successive quarterly dividend that Westlake has declared since completing its initial public offering in August 2004.
Westlake's President and Chief Executive Officer, said, "We continually work toward delivering shareholder value and we are pleased that the strength of our business and our financial performance provides the opportunity to pay this special dividend. Beginning in the first quarter of 2013 and continuing through 2015, we will complete our previously announced integration projects that will contribute to our earnings and continue our commitment of profitable growth for our shareholders."
Westlake Chemical Corporation is a manufacturer and supplier of petrochemicals, polymers and building products with headquarters in Houston, Texas. The company's range of products includes: ethylene, polyethylene, styrene, propylene, caustic, VCM, PVC and PVC pipe, windows and fence. For more information, visit the company's Web site at www.westlake.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV