- The electric motor along with its drive shafts is fitted on the same station as the final drive on the standard four-wheel drive models.
- The cooling system and the high-voltage cables are assembled on the Pallet, which is used to assemble the car's drive train and chassis parts.
- The battery pack is lifted in through the car's tailgate short side forward. It is then spun a quarter of a turn in the passenger compartment - a manoeuvre that takes 60 seconds and carried out with less than 20 millimetres to spare.
Volvo Car Corporation Ramps Up Assembly Of The World's First Diesel Plug-in Hybrid
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.